Message view

Red

nooo not 1995...

Author:

Ola Björling

Time:

02.06.2004 01:21

Text:

Stimuli was originally released on TIP001 in 1994, and not on perfecto in '95. The 1995 release was the original along with a remix by Man With No Name and was ofcourse also simultaneously released on a 12" single. More info can be found on discogs (or by flipping through my record collection ;-)

I agree with the above by the way - this is truly a very shameful way of trying to use a classic "brand" - the only person from the original TIP crew involved in TIP.World is raja ram, and in my opinion, he has time and again proven that he isn't exactly an oracle of good taste... TIP.World is a completely different label that merely borrowed some of the name and aesthetics from its predecessor. I wish they would let TIP rest in peace.

I can't help imagining how this would have been recieved if everything sounded more like track 1 (oldschool style/vibes with fresh, modern production). I'm pretty sure it would have been a storming success, but as with many other labels, they choose the tried and tested (and painfully boring) path. Shame on you, TIP.World.

Message threads

Topic: Author:
Time:
Message  nooo not 1995...
Ola Björling 02.06.2004 01:21  

Get Relaxed Journeys! New album 
from 
Chilltribe 
Relaxed 
Journeys 
Get Quality Relaxation! Get your 
Quality