Message view

Hi-Fi Companions \"S

psy artists making elevator music... WHY???

Author:

Darc Angelo

Time:

01.06.2004 20:42

Text:

first of all let me add a little correction to PKS' review "Steve Joliffe, known as Tangerine Dream" that's not exactly true... he was only part of TD for one year (1978) and participated in the making of the album "Cyclone" that's all... The "master mind" behind TD is Edgar Froese...

Now on to the album itself... this sounds like elevator music... OK it is more complex than your usual elevator music... but does anyone really care??? Who can listen to elevator music for more than 5 minutes anyway??? So this is baaad... I don't even understand why they put the term "swingers" in the album title cause if this stuff would actually be played in swingers' clubs they'd probably be empty in 15 mintues tops and the place would have to shut down... Just one positive note, but i guess you won't care about this if you're not Romanian: "A Night in Timisoara"... they named a track after a Romanian town!! How many artists ever did that? None as far as I know... however this doesn't mean that the track itself is good... and the singing ISN'T Romainan, it's arabic!! Some tracks actually start in an interesting manner (Dr Phibes, The Livin End...) but they're totally ruined by the absolutley cheezy saxlines and melodies... 2/10 (but 10/10 if you're into elevator music :)

Message threads

Topic: Author:
Time:
Message  psy artists making elevator music... WHY???
Darc Angelo 01.06.2004 20:42  

Get Relaxed Journeys! New album 
from 
Chilltribe 
Relaxed 
Journeys 
Get Quality Relaxation! Get your 
Quality 
Relaxation!