Message view

Blowfish \"Puffed Up

huh?

Author:

Darc Angelo

Time:

02.01.2004 16:10

Text:

first of all... why isn't this released by TIP World? Ah well, I guess it doesn't matter much, maybe it's a clear sign of Graham Wood that he's put off his past as former member of TIP, and I guess the feeling is confirmed by this album. The intro sounds almost like an outro from TIP - The Answer. Since Mystical Experiences is one of my most cherrished albums of all time my heart missed a beat: could this be Mystical Experiences part 2? Answer with the 2nd track: no, it's not. This is further confirmed by track 3, 4, 5... Actually, Graham continued the tenency of today's artists of making goatrance a much less distinct genre and render it almost mixable with "normal" club-oriented electronic music. What a shame!! What botheres me most is that there is no "lead" in the tracks, you only have floating synth sounds in the background, leaving the soundstage feel a bit "empty". The down-tempo tracks of the other half are more interesting but still... we're talking about Graham Wood here, for Pete's sake!! Guess this is confirmation that it's not because someone made some excellent stuff in the past that he'll still be making excellent stuff today. But I think that Graham kinda sensed this by releasing it under an "unpretensious" name and label. I don't know, maybe people who are newer to the scene and don't know his previous work will like it, I for one do not... I mean, it's not bad but it's not very good either... 6/10

Message threads

Topic: Author:
Time:
Message  huh?
Darc Angelo 02.01.2004 16:10  

Get Relaxed Journeys! New album 
from 
Chilltribe 
Relaxed 
Journeys 
Get Quality Relaxation! Get your 
Quality