Message view

Classic/Remix

not really classics!!!

Author:

Darc Angelo

Time:

07.12.2003 14:01

Text:

well, I'm not so crazy about this one... mainly because what Hadshot is calling "classics" aren't really classics... I can undesrtand stuff like The Overlords and Planet BEN, but for the rest, I doubt anyone would have tears in their eyes while re-listening to any of these remembering "the good old days". Releases like TIP - The Stroy and 10 Years of Israeli Trance do a much better description of actual classics that'll make you regret we're not living in the early 90s anymore... But I DO like the concept of presetning older releases and making new reinterpretations of them!! Too bad Hadshot didn't want to colaborate with other lables on this one to have a higher diversity of initial releases to work on to. The Siamese Twins remix is a KILLER and I think it will be remebered by the collective memory much better than the original.GMS did a pretty decent job in remixing Reload too. The other remixes are pretty average though IMO and have a mostly minimal orientation. So I'll give this a 10/10 for the concept, 5/10 for the track selection...

SMIČLE

Message threads

Topic: Author:
Time:
Message  not really classics!!!
Darc Angelo 07.12.2003 14:01  

Get Relaxed Journeys! New album 
from 
Chilltribe 
Relaxed 
Journeys 
Get Quality Relaxation! Get your