Message view

Saafi Brothers \"Liq

RE:Saafi Brothers

Author:

Dr. Dunkel

Time:

21.03.2003 21:45

Text:

So my review caused a stir in ceratin circles, did it? Well, reactions are always a good thing, I reckon. Some very good examples here of how people with a different view draw all kinds of strange conclusions about their opponent. Let's see:

> You wrote about yourself!

Huh?

> The fact that you are making jokes about the liquidations of recordcompanies is showing that you are not part of electronic music network and is disqualifiing!

Euro-english: isn't it cute? Patronising comments aside: Well, whatever "electronic music network" is (sounds like a shadowy organization ŕ la the Freemasons to me), I'm probably more involved than you know. By the way I miss Blue Room as much as anyone (greatest psy label ever) but I could'nt resist making a piss poor smoke-related joke. Sad, I know.

> Same with the recordcompany who released MASUN LP Störaktion it's not Kohlbecker's mistake that structures are at the moment are going away. The music industry is heavily sick then there is no music you could write about! That is not funny!

I know, and it bothers me. I'm completely aware that the Masun album (which I bought the other day and quite liked, by the way) didn't flop because of any fault on mr. Kohlbecker's part. But I didn't suggest that either, did I? (I seem to recall that I wrote "for some reason"). READ the review a bit more carefully before posting, please!

> By the way FÜNF D has extremly many fans not every psychedelic like the Full On staff.

Well, and?

> That you don't like Kohlbecker's sound but you like the sound of Montauk P is irritating because both are Michael Kohlbecker sound.

Read the review again, my friend. I didn't say I didn't LIKE his sound, what I said is I think it should evolve a little. I don't need, and the world doesn't need, a phletora of MK records that sound more or less similar. And I think that's what has happened lately: stagnation.

> By the way in May 2003 check eternal basement records eb-records.com there you will expierience a real new sound!

I'm actually not being ironic when I say that I will be looking forward to it :-)

> If you are not satisfied with the development of the projects of Kohlbecker then one question do you think Fullon Goa Sound is the future? That is really a joke! That sound has already been from 1995 - 2000!

What makes you think that I view "full on" as the future? That only because I dislike "Liquid Beach", I'm a "full on" fan? In fact, I don't think I own a single "full on" record, and frankly, that style makes me cringe. Anyway, to answer the question: No, no and thrice no.

> Here there is a big response to Kohlbeckers and Saafi's music:-) Uniformed minds we don't need!
There are enough in Irak at the moment!
Remember the Montauk LP name! DEFINITON IS LIMITATION! You didin't understand it! The actual Saafi LP Liquid Beach is made for the friends of that sound not made for you!

Now which relevance does Iraq have, I wonder? "Liquid Beach is made for the friends of that sound not made for you" - I'm still entitled to an opinion, I believe? Particularly since I've been a fan of Saafi Bros. since 1997...

>Who has the chance to experience them live will experience the most positive energy! They produce energy in the medium of music. Everybody who is
negative like you won't understand it. That is natural and right like that. Don't be a musical fascist!

Well, I'm not. And have never been. I just don't like boring records. And this was one of them, I'm afraid.

> Don't lie with Alex Azary he is still part of the Saafi Brothers Pool!!

Well, that I didn't know. How come he's not on the records, then?

> Sorry you are disqualified poor guy!

And you are slightly biased, I believe.

Cheers,
/kompressorkanonen
(the evil, narrow-minded, disqualified, uninformed musical fascist)

Message threads

Topic: Author:
Time:
Message  Saafi Brothers
mich zuviel 21.03.2003 17:06  
Message    RE:Saafi Brothers
Dr. Dunkel 21.03.2003 21:45  

Get Relaxed Journeys! New album 
from 
Chilltribe 
Relaxed 
Journeys